Application for the DEGEN Index

Fan of your work…Would swap SYNLEV with XVIX…I own both but i feel XVIX seem to understand the pulse and execute things better.

1 Like

You could do worse than a stylised alpha, thinking about logos.

The whole point of the DEGEN index is alpha-hunting… :wink:

1 Like

Thanks, ser! Yeah. SYN dropped the ball by roasting LPs in the early days. I like what XVIX is doing. At this point, Andre’s leverage products or things like PERP could eat the market. We’ll see. SYN’s at the bottom of the alt list, though. I’m doubtful it would ever make it in the index.

BTW, here’s an example of what I mean on the cashtags…

If you visit Twitter and look at his list, $API3 is the only one that’s not clickable:

Would be good to make the logos black and white atleast to keep a theme. Maybe like a clown outline.

3 Likes

support :white_heart:

i’ve read all z comments as well as had a look at z index alternates list. as any1 who would propose a new index will always b biased — not only @redphonecrypto — there’s not much sense in sharin’ tens of opinions on how z index could b composed. wanna add smaller caps? add them in ur index. wanna change any proposed index assets into ur assets? add them in ur index. i believe that all these consider/swap/add/remove/comments will b endless.

@redphonecrypto has curated DEGEN index list during z last months (not hours) & has solid research capabilities. DEGEN is a perfect name-to-market with a meme potential: SEC & wall-shit boomers can halt Robinhood GameStop trades, but they can’t stop z game of DEGEN. i love it

14 Likes

Happy to see you join the governance process. Feel that selective indices that have preferences and biases that reflect the community they are proposed by are the reason we created the community program. That being said we want really strong and thoughtful indices and sometimes people get caught up in their own community so outside feedbacks always a good plan. But for sure, while not all community pools will be rewarded NDX do personally hope we try be as open to these communities and open to as many indices as possible. Sigma was designed around new ideas and pools, and each pools isolated from affecting other pools so risk can be decided by those purchasing the indices allowing for the protocol to offer these safely.

Thanks for the support Molly! Glad to see our work/research being validated by ya, also agree the opinions will be endless lol

2 Likes

Like the idea. I’m definitely interested. Would like some MPH exposure in the index

1 Like

Brilliant idea. The basket and $DEGEN ticker are great. Will make it a perfect product-market fit. I think demand can be very high for this one.

1 Like

this is great, how do I delegate my vote for this index

1 Like

This will be accepted/denied by the Sigma committee, not through standard governance. You can weigh in on the selection of committee members in this thread

2 Likes

Just wanted to say the degen index looks great and will throw some eth at it once launched as im sure so will alot of others. Also keen to vote for it once proposed. Currently liquidity mining on cc10. Indexed finance is the closest thing to a money tree you will find.

1 Like

Supportive. Nominate redphonecrypto for the sigma committee based on this proposal.

1 Like

can we add NDX to the DEGEN index, that would be the ultimate degen move, just sayin

2 Likes

Just wanted to give an update, I’ve been in touch with @redphonecrypto and @0xBay as it seems this will almost certainly be approved, and am working on the new controller for DEGEN to enable the features such as circulating-cap-sqrt weighting, circuit breaking, forced-reindexing and so on. Code soon

10 Likes

Logo-wise my recommendation would be to go with the clown theme:

• Dice are too gambly :game_die:
  • @redphonecrypto has built a beautiful brand around a humble benevolent clown already, I would just own it and roll with it
  • Disadvantage is that it ties the index a lot to the brand of 1 person, but IMO that’s nothing that can’t be overcome and succeeded by a community over time
  • Badger has also used a very playful branding which worked absolutely killer for them
  • Clown-theme has endless memetic potential, depending on the occasion we can make funny clowns, mischievous clowns, an evil clown every now and then, heck even dress up the clown in the branding of the tokens included in the index (a RUNE-themed clown in a Viking outfit would be dope :slight_smile: )
  • Long story short, a Clown-based branding is super flexible yet still original on its own merits already (no reputable crypto project I know has any sort of clown theme)
  • Could even expand it into a full circus when the time is ripe :circus_tent: :clown_face:
4 Likes

I’d like to add to what @chapati says and follow up with a logo idea.
The clown brand is cool and giving credits to @redphonecrypto is a nice thing to do in my opinion.
Just wanted to propose an alternative for the straight up clown logo based on what the previous poster highlighted: could be a red baloon :balloon: if the part of tying it to a single person makes people (or @redphonecrypto) uncomfortable.
Kind of a second layer, clown related association of ideas.
Assuming everyone saw “It” tho.
M2c

3 Likes

I agree with 1 inch and MPH. I am unsure of Hegic and Badger

We could go with a :spades: (spade) Or an ace, but that would be gambling-ish. Pepe the frog? Maybe too meme-ish. Here are some more:

I’ve uploaded a few things that represent Luck that could work well with the DEGEN logo…its clean/flat/minimalist that would work for a 1 or 2 color DEGEN logo.

Or maybe a ladybug? That’s all I got and half of it was from google and by half I mean all.