Cofounder for Indexed. Cofounder Conjure. Helped found Cryptodevs. Made multiple projects in the past that are highly technical and for decentralized finance protocols. Am from South Africa and previously investor since 2011 in the Crypto space.
My primary aim will be to start with user acquisition targeted at brand new retail users and making the interface and experience easy and for Indexed to have a simple token that gives Crypto exposure for the market to people so they can own a single passive token rather than many. Will try to provide both safe assets as well as push innovation where able. Will try be as transparent as possible and a honest approach.
My targets to make Indexed be the default index protocol and serve all markets and users and grow the community through use.
My plans will be as follows
- Roll back the front end to v1, then make as simple as possible for new users to purchase the assets they want as needed, with no Crypto experience.
- Create a passive index and promote the index to create TVL and earn fees through swaps. The index will have ETH and so an AMM and LP on Uniswap will not be minted as they can mint new tokens with ETH directly, saving rewards for LP
- Will create a plan for dNDX to be no longer
locked and allow stakers to earn fees from the index.
- Compensation plan will be pushed back and the projects success put as priority. People can make efforts to contact their relevant authorities as we have details about the hacker public to attempt action through civil claims, but we cant keep trying to compensate losses at the cost of the protocols growth. Should the project reach say a 500m mcap, would be reasonable to sell NDX from treasury to help compensate those affected then, making people help with the protocols success while not hurtng the project through bad mechanisms
- Create an insurance mechanism to help protect users from future hacks, though after the update seems relatively safe to use the contracts as took more than 1y, multiple audits and a TVL peak at 100m at peak to be hacked, so creating new untested infrastructure would be just as if not more risk
Why the DAO should choose you
Have been probably the most active for trying to have the project return to growth after the hack as well as still having my full 400k allocation since the start, having sold no tokens to date because believe in the project (though have made some attempts at OTC to finance other projects to be fully transparent, but not to just cash out). Can’t guarantee will get back to where we have been but will do my best and still believe in the vision for a large, easy to use index protocol at the same scale as the SPY (S&P500) for Crypto.