Linking forum username to wallet address

We are building a reputation system for DAO contributors at Karma. As part of that, we have built a Karma reputation dashboard to rank Indexed governance participants based on their activity in snapshot, on-chain voting and forum activity.

To see full reputation, governance participants have to link their forum handle/username to their wallet used for voting. This will help us show all your activity in one place and also boost your karma reputation score. We would like to use this Topic for governance participants to sign a message using their wallet and post it here so we can link.

If you are interested in seeing all your activity, please link your forum handle to your wallet on Karma dashboard. Here is the video showing how to link your wallet address and forum handle: How to guide

That sounds like a nice idea, however is this legit? @mmurthy you joined the forum a few weeks ago and posted this message straight after you joined, no other activity after that (though there isn’t much action in the forum anyway), and posting signatures in the public like that seems unusual to say the least, plus I have never heard about Karma.

I would just like some one from the Core team to endorse this before moving forward as it kind of smells like a scam to me (sorry if I’m offending a legit request :joy: )

No offense taken, I would like to address your concerns!

Posting signature just proves that you own an eth account really, nothing else. We need this to make sure the address that is voting on proposals and that person on forum are same. This is a common practice everywhere. Ex: Sybil asks you to tweet your signature so they can link eth - twitter.

We have been working with a number of communities already. Ex: Gitcoin’s steward health reports (https://www.daostewards.xyz/) are fully powered by Karma. You can see for ENS here. I can list more but I don’t have permission to post more links.

I will reach out to the core team, was planning on doing that regardless.

Thanks for the clarification, I’ve started the verification process and paused at posting the signature here, it did seem harmless (was basically a signature with my username as message), though I’d like someone from the core team to confirm this just to triple check. Cheers

Did this die?

Just wondering.

It’s still alive :slight_smile: We didn’t see much interest from the community, so haven’t done much. If we can add value, we will be happy to chat!