Small cap index pool proposal

Small Cap Tokens
This category tracks Ethereum-based protocol tokens, DeFi governance tokens and wrapped blockchain currencies with a small market cap.

Name: Small Cap

Symbol: Moon

Criteria
This category has the following criteria for inclusion:

The token is at least a week old.

No major vulnerabilities have been discovered in the token contract.

The token’s supply can not be arbitrarily inflated or deflated maliciously.

The control model should be considered if the supply can be modified through governance decisions.
The token does not have transfer fees or other non-standard balance updates.

The token meets the requirements of the ERC20 standard.

Boolean return values are not required.

The token has a fully diluted market cap of no more than $200 million.

The token has a fully diluted market cap of at least $5 million.

At least $200k worth of liquidity is locked in the Uniswap market pair between the token and WETH or an approved stablecoin.

The token is one of:

Protocol token for an Ethereum-based project.

Governance token for a DeFi project.

Wrapper token for a blockchain’s native currency.

Terms
Fully Diluted Market Cap: Market price of one token in USD multiplied by the token’s total supply.

Protocol Token: A token used for some core aspect of a system, such as payment for services within a protocol or rewarding users maintaining a network.

Governance Token: A token used to vote on governance decisions for a project.

DeFi: Decentralized Finance - used in reference to Ethereum-based financial projects. By “financial projects” we mean projects which directly deal with finance such as exchange, lending, portfolio management, derivatives, etc. and not projects which are only peripherally related to finance.

Index Naming Scheme
Indices deployed for this category should use the following naming scheme for the ERC20 name and symbol:

Symbol: Moon + Index Size

Name: Moon Top + Index Size + Tokens Index

Example

Index Size: 5

Symbol: Moon10

Name: Moon Top 5 Tokens Index

7 Likes

Just getting this started for discussion

I’d be really interested in this and believe it could generate a lot of attention. I think it also offers a great opportunity to include NDX among many other great projects mentioned in the Twitter thread by users. Some assets that were mentioned the most include YFL, HEGIC, BADGER, WHITE, MPH, ROOK, MTA, YAX, YFDAI (others I may have missed) https://twitter.com/ndxfi/status/1350166776735215620?s=20

NDX would be my #1 choice because it would be easy to roll my rewards from DEFI5/CC10 into MOON and would bring more buying pressure long term to increase yields and attractiveness.

When it comes to small caps risks are exemplified so it makes sense to diversify as much as possible in my opinion. Perhaps 5 is a big enough index but we could even discuss expanding it to 10. 5 would be best in the case for NDX because it wouldn’t need to sell off as much when I roll my rewards over.

2 Likes