Application for the DEGEN Index

lets get this going soon boys

Would there be any requirements for performance of underlying assets? For example, if we add REN and REN spends the next month in a 1% range, would that be grounds to have the community discuss replacing it with a coin that has exhibited higher price movement over the same time period?

Understand the underlying idea is riskier, higher yielding small cap tokens, but what do we do if it’s a risky small cap token that doesn’t generate the price movement we expected?

I imagine it’d be a self-solving problem if we include sufficient candidates that are showing growth - REN would just get bumped out in favour of some other up-and-comer in that case on a reindexing.

After looking at the approximate weightings posted by @Norsefire on discord it seems strange to me why the token inclusion parameters wouldn’t be FC market-cap focused if weighing is based off of it.

Having any overlap between DEGEN and DEFI5 doesn’t seem right although I’m not entirely opposed to holding more CRV… $100m - $5b FD cap token criteria seems more inline with DEGEN

Yeah tbh curv is not really degen.

1 Like

DEGEN FTW looking forward

I’m very excited about this. Can someone explain how the initial value and then minting of the DEGEN tokens works. Do I just need to wait until the index pool is launched on indexed and then buy the tokens? Is my ETH swapped for DEGEN then balanced into the assets that compose the index by the sigma committee?

The initial value is crowd-sourced from a contract which credits the contributors based on the ETH value of the liquidity they provide (using a Uniswap oracle to price them), then gives out a proportional amount of the first 100 tokens to those initial LPs.

Once the pool is initialized, you can mint new DEGEN by providing one or all of the underlying tokens directly, or you can use the Uniswap minting interface, which finds the cheapest token you can provide liquidity with to mint a given amount of DEGEN, finds the optimal swap route on Uniswap to buy those tokens using ETH/DAI/USDC/etc., then executes all of that in one transaction (send eth -> buy underlying asset(s) -> provide liquidity to pool & mint DEGEN).

2 Likes

Thank you for the explanation! Is there a benefit to being an initial LP (I’m assuming they’d earn NDX, but idk if there is incentive beyond goodwill)? It seems like the $500 target would get hit immediately

The incentive is just to get the pool started and mint some tokens - with this one it’ll probably finish the crowd funding in one transaction yeah, this is just a standard contract we use for all index pools to ensure the sigma committee / governance don’t need to already own all the underlying tokens to kick things off.

Gotcha, thanks for the rundown. I’m looking forward to getting involved when the contract is launched :grinning:

1 Like

Some mildly related comments

In my humble view, both $SUSHI and $CRV are at this point like blue-chip stocks.

I also (again matter of personal preference) I do not hodl tokens are continously printed, more often than not I harvest the rewards to reinvest the profits.

Finally, I strongly believe that underlying tokens should be working for us. Surely there are some farms that can welcome them. Holding $DEGEN tokens is so 2020, putting them to work is something I would greatly welcome :+1:

Alternative vision

Really really really low key, undiscovered, super early stage projects:

(not affiliated with any of these)

If you like this vision, than vote with emoji :sparkling_heart: (click heart on this topic) and I’ll prepare a fully fledged proposal…

3 Likes

A great initiative @redphonecrypto …have been (re)reading / (re)listening all of your writing & interviews such that I give full justice to all the hard-work you’ve put in the past few months.

Where can I find the discord channel(s) for $DEGEN ?

Degen Discord: https://discord.gg/wV58rEeA
Indexed Discord: https://discord.gg/u5XAqEWd

any date for the launch?

The indexed discord link says it has expired?

This link shouldn’t expire.

I would be very interested in seeing a project of this sort.

Trustswap also has the launchpad, which is bringing forth new ultra-early stage projects.

Would love to be able to get in on these, on autopilot, by holding an index. Not sure how it could work though… would be curious to see what you have in mind.

I’m getting a weird error and cannot complete the join process (after agreeing to terms)

If someone can approve me that’s great. Will create a new thread if it’s not an easy fix… Same handle there.

What day of the week is the rebalance?